Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Touleo Needs A New Home - FOUND 1-16-13 Thank You All!


 Update 1-16-13.   Touleo has found a new home and will be living with a family and ridden regularly by a 16 year old young lady in the Elfin Forest.   Can't thank everyone enough for sharing this need.   We did it again!!!!!


This is an immediate need because of the current owners battle with cancer




I got an email the other day from the lady we bought our first horse from.  She just got out of the hospital a few weeks ago after heart  surgery and is asking me to help her find a home for a horse that she used to own.   Read what she had to say below:




 " I purchased a gelding a few years ago for pleasure and trail riding. He has been ridden both English and Western, was used as a trail horse in Del Mar for two years, did really well for his first owner.  I rode him on my test ride and he was really good. He was also with a trainer for 3 months for tune up and training, she really liked him and put some of her students on him.  

For me he ended up being quite a spooky horse, and threw me pretty badly over a year ago.  I since sold him, but the consigner/trainer wasn't honest with the purchaser, so I ended up buying him back because that was the right thing to do.  I then placed him with a friend who was great with hot horses, but she has since gone through chemo and radiation to fight breast cancer, and she has explored options to place him and has not been able to find him a home.  

He is 7 years old I believe, 14.2 hands, incredible Arabian breeding, he's by Alada Baskin I out of a Khemosabi mare.  He is here in Ramona, he would be a great endurance horse,  He has no other health issues, he's an easy keeper though does some cribbing but has never taken a lame step in his life.

I'd appreciate any help, I know you've got a good network, and I would agree to take him back at anytime if someone couldn't keep him.  It's one of those things that I will always feel obligated to him you know.  

If someone is interested in, they can send me an email and I will speak with them and see if they would be good to take him on.  A knowledgeable horse person would be great with him.  You know and well as I do that there is a myriad of these types of horses out there, he does have his age, soundness and breeding going for him though!"


Please help share the word and lets find this sweet gelding a home.  You can contact Debi with any questions click for Debi's email .   Again, this need is urgent!

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks so much!

Christine
Equine WellBeing Rescue Inc.      

If you would like to help EqWBR meet its mission to save horses from neglect, abuse, starvation and slaughter or in other times of need, please consider making a tax-deductible donation.  With your great support we helped over 200 horses in 2012.  Help us continue to help the horses in need. 




If you would prefer to send a check to EqWBR, PO Box 324, Ramona, CA  92065
The generosity of so many caring people allows us to care for these horses in need.


Equine WellBeing Rescue Inc. is a 501c3 Public Charity
Donations are tax-deductible
Federal Tax ID# 45-2835562


No comments:

Post a Comment