Friday, May 4, 2012

Amusement Park Horses Need Help NOW!

I got an urgent call for help today.  Five horses from an amusement park are being replaced for younger versions.  I was told the broker who has them is going to take them to the auction, but is giving a few of us a chance to buy them first, if we can do it by tomorrow night, which is when the auction is.    This is last minute and I HATE the way they do this, but we need help.   

A fellow rescue is buying two and providing quarantine for those two and I have room for the other three and am asking for donations to help pay to "bail" them out.   They are $400 per horse (cash) and I have to go about 300 miles round trip to get them, then I have to feed them and deal with any lameness issues when they get here.   I am trying to raise $2000 to cover their bail, fuel for transport, food and funds to get them vet checked.    

Please share my blog in hopes that the word can get out and we can get the funds covered.  I was told that one of these 5 was trampled during the show when he fell down and the other horses pulling the carriage couldn't stop before running over him.   These beautiful horses need our help.    I know money is tight and I promise that EVERY dime that comes in will go to help these horses.  So ANY help we can get is greatly appreciated.  






















Thank you all for your help.   Please send this blog to other in hopes that we can raise the needed funds.  If you are interested in adopting one, they are totally broke for harness work and I believe riding too.

Christine
President
EqWBR
760-703-4860

No comments:

Post a Comment