Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Arrival today - Jasmine the TWH


This is our new arrival that we have named Jasmine (her former name Juliet), because she is very sweet. Approximately nine years old and a purebred Tennessee Walking Horse without papers.

Jasmine has been having trouble under bit and her owners suspected it was because of her teeth. She was also starting to stick her tongue out the left side of her mouth in a nervous type action. The last time she was ridden she reared and that was when the owners decided they needed to have her teeth addressed because she was otherwise a very calm horse.

They were referred to me by a friend and neighbor because I do equine dentistry and I answered questions and referred them to my web-site www.WhyFloatTeeth.com and the vet I work with locally www.equitage.com to get more detailed information about horse dentistry.

After a few days I got a call back from Pam who asked me if I would take this horse. Once again the Lord works in mysterious ways because Pam had no idea that aside from what I do for a living, we are a not-for-profit private rescue and I love connecting people with the perfect horse for them to adopt. In fact we had just started looking for a horse for my mom and that I wanted her to have a gaited horse. Could this be a blessing all the way around?





Knowing where Jasmine has come from and that she is up to date on all her vaccines, we decided to put her in a stall next to Jet, also a TWH, and Prince Wm while she settles into her new home. She has settled right in. We will give her a few days to get used to being here and then we will do her dentistry. I will keep you all in the loop and take pictures before and after.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you took her! She needs a good and gentle hand. Your loving home will be great for her!

    ReplyDelete